Ford Focus RS vidjen na ulicama Amerike

Status
Zatvorena za pisanje odgovora.
Legend
9303448.jpg

86361.jpg

1740086.jpg

1424628.jpg

A US user at FocusFanatics.com spotted this white example of the 2009 Ford Focus RS parked outside on a street corner in Royal Oak, Michigan. The car's Michigan number plate suggested that it belongs to someone at the Ford Motor Company. This RS is obviously in the US for a reason but nothing concrete has been said on this so perhaps a little restraint on the bubbling excitement is a good idea.

Legend
Komentari:

Comments
afterace2
May 5, 2009 5:01 PM
My guess is that even the guys at Ford USA prefer to drive the Euro models.

Renegade
May 5, 2009 5:02 PM
Nice, want one.

Bristol411S3
May 5, 2009 5:07 PM
Would this REALLY sell in the US? There is no real history for buying this sort of car, is there?

sub39h
May 5, 2009 5:44 PM
what about the Golf GTI? sure this model is a bit more brash, but then in every market you have 2 ends of the spectrum. i doubt there isn't a consumer for this type of car in the states. after all, the Subaru Impreza is sold there, and they're not a million miles away from each other anymore.

Renegade
May 5, 2009 5:49 PM
Mazdaspeed3 also, and this Focus is way cooler then the boring looking Golf GTI.

Edited by user on May 5, 2009 at 5:50 PM
Targa_Florio
May 5, 2009 5:17 PM
I doubt that since the Focus range is close to the end of its lifecycle. But maybe the Mk2 Focus tooling will be offshored in US to be produced for local markets when Germany will produce the next generation Mk3 in Germany :p

Edited by user on May 5, 2009 at 5:19 PM
coopergt
May 5, 2009 5:47 PM
i live near the border and you see mexicans driving euopean focuses not american ones, that sure does not make sense to me

loyo
May 5, 2009 8:52 PM
Yes, and you can also find Opel, Seat, Alfa Romeo and Fiat in Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, etc. but you won't find those brands in the US, just like you won't find Saturn or Geo in Latin America. Not everybody in America (the continent, that is) thinks american cars are the best thing in the world, and that does make sense to me.

Edited by user on May 5, 2009 at 8:56 PM
hinmonster
May 5, 2009 6:08 PM
Its BAD ASS but I am not so sure it would "sell" stateside...

N20_Purge
May 5, 2009 6:49 PM
There are only 5,000 of them. Keep them in Europe, were they will sell well and were they belong, Ford. Bye!

hata0101

May 5, 2009 10:10 PM
that's how the big 3 loss the battle...they know something good for the U.S. (biggest market in the world) but just not bring it here. instead, look at the U.S. POS Focus! don't we American deserve something better?

coopergt
May 5, 2009 10:28 PM
What i meant was it is strange that as they Build Focuses right there, and yet they bring the euro ones over to sell in mexico not the junk they make and sell in the USA. Sounds expensive to me!

dbehmoaras
May 5, 2009 11:20 PM
I would love to have the RS, but hot hatches aren't so much the way in the US as compact sedans. As much as I want one, it should stay in Europe where it will be properly appreciated. Especially because the last thing the tree-huggers need is another excuse to badmouth Detroit.

afterace2
May 5, 2009 11:43 PM
this Focus is also available as the sedan You know, I think it would really be not a big problem to make an RS sedan as well.

fusion01

May 6, 2009 12:46 AM
Not bringing it to South Africa either, we do however have the Focus ST... RS is just too niche and what with car prices (my MK5 GTI went up 22% in 2.5 years to something absurd at present) they'd only sell a couple... shame as I'd have the most inane grin on my face if I was behind the wheel of this beastie.

joshg_5
May 6, 2009 12:59 AM
This car is great. And there's lots of market in America for it.

...But, it's just sooo expensive! And in that price range, you can get the same power with AWD.

I think they made a bad decision not making it AWD

hofmeyer
May 6, 2009 4:36 AM
I read somewhere that one of the Ford execs was getting one for use in the US.

This is a sweet car, but a 300HP $40,000 Focus will sit in showrooms with a $28,000 Mustang GT and still expect to sell. No way.

DeRay

May 6, 2009 5:51 AM
I don't believe it would be around 40k here in the states maybe 23-25k. I think a small number here in the states would not be a bad thing you have loyal Ford Focus Clubs who would just love to have this. I think they could bring the design stateside but make it a sedan as most Americans hate hatches. I love'em.

BabyMilo

May 6, 2009 7:36 AM
Why dont the people in the states get these sort of cars???

Član
Komentari su i vise nego smjesni...najjaci je ovaj doticni koji se pita pa zar mi amerikanci nezasluzujemo bolje:lol::lol:

hahaha odvojio sam i vise od minute vjeruj;)

Status
Zatvorena za pisanje odgovora.